Saturday, March 15, 2008
Growing up and other stuff
So Thursday was the big day for my little guy...
He went and got himself some braces. Let me tell ya that was much harder for me than it was for him... I made sure to let him know just because he has braces there will be no late nights or keys to the car anytime soon. Unreal how to me the braces have aged him so. So far all is good... No big complaints of pain and we are on the 3rd night, so I have been told that is good. You see... I have never had braces nor anyone in my family so this whole thing is new to me... He has been a great sport I tell ya!
Next I have been tagged by my dear friend Anabelle...
7 random things...
So hear goes.
1. I am a Navy Brat (kinda)
My dad is retired Navy however we did not move around like most had to. We were lucky, in a sense. Dad did all the moving and commuting back an forth so we could have a stable home life...
Poor Mom had a full plate. Thanks to both of them for all they sacrificed for us.
2. I ride An old fashioned up right bike and have been on occasion been called Mary Poppins by some of the men in the neighbor hood... Hmph... I do not have a basket so I see no resemblance. :)
3. I love to tile... Yep I tile floors, back splashes, inlays, and next up is My entire bathroom. 18" Travertine is bought and stacked in my garage awaiting my ambition to arrive....
4. I also love to paint and plaster. I have many variations of paint and wall techniques in my home and I am always up for trying something new... Next up my Boys new room. The paint should be hitting the walls there, next weekend. Before the Easter bunny arrives of course.
5. I love garage sales. I am not an organized person to throw a garage sale but I still manage to do one every year... I love it. I love getting rid of the things you know you will never use. What I do not sell I try to give to families I know will use it. Please remind me of this post if I start to complain while prepping for the next sale ;)
6. I share the same birthday with My dad... What a Lucky guy he was that year to have me as his birthday present... Tee hee hee.
7. Speaking of all this Luck... I am IRISH. Today Is officially St. Patrick's Day. You are not supposed to celebrate St. Patty's Day on Monday because it is Easter Monday. (holy week) So the good Irish are celebrating today... The REAL Irish will be celebrating today, tomorrow and MONDAY! So Cheers to all of ya!
Since I am so new at this blogging thing I am not sure if anyone even know this little blog is here yet... If you stop by say HI